Wokkel is collection of enhancements on top of the Twisted networking framework, written in Python. It mostly provides a testing ground for enhancements to the Jabber/XMPP protocol implementation as found in Twisted Words, that are meant to eventually move there.
Currently, Wokkel provides the following enhancements on top of Twisted Words:
- A mechanism for easier implementation of XMPP Extension Protocols (XEPs) as so-called subprotocols.
- XMPP Client and server-side component support, that eases development and supports subprotocols.
- XMPP Server support. Note that this does not yet include support for handling client connections.
- Subprotocol implementations for:
- Generic presence, roster and message handling.
- Service Discovery (XEP-0030), client and service side.
- Publish-Subscribe (XEP-0060), client and service side.
- Software Version (XEP-0092), service side.
- XMPP Ping (XEP-0199), client and service side.
- Multi-User Chat (XEP-0045), client side. (new in 0.7.0)
- Data format implementations for:
Available via the downloads section:
- Latest stable release: 0.7.1 (2013-01-12).
Your input is much appreciated. The Twisted Jabber mailing list is home to user questions, announcements and development discussions.
If you want an account for this Trac instance, contact me. I disabled online registration due to spam.
The main Mercurial repository is available at http://hg.ik.nu/wokkel. Quick checkout:
hg clone http://hg.ik.nu/wokkel
Work in progress
Some work-in-progress by ralphm is in Mercurial Queues and feature clones at http://hg.ik.nu/ralphm.
Note that the old Subversion repository (https://svn.ik.nu/wokkel/) is current up till the 0.6.3 release, and is no longer updated.
Wokkel lends it name from a popular twisted savory snack in the Netherlands.